Monday, June 6, 2016

A Cup Of Coffee


                                          Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.

Do not act as if you had ten thousand years to throw away. Death stands at your elbow. Be good for something while you live and it is in your power.
--Marcus Aurelius.

I ran out of coffee! There was no time to go out to the store for more. I purposely set aside this morning for phone calls to my Oncologist, nurse at work and the famous Fmla. Little did I know that the morning calls would extend well into the afternoon. 

The headache appeared around noon. No coffee and the numerous hassles from my favorite people (fmla) brought on a massive ache that would not go away. The phone calls did not stop as we went back and forth in a never ending stream of questions and paperwork. I really need to write a post on my favorite people (fmla), but it will have to wait for now.

I tried laying down with a cold compress. It almost worked as I felt myself drifting off to sleep for an afternoon nap. Then the phone rang again. And then another. Then another.

The no time for coffee morning turned into an awful, awful day. My head pounded terribly and all I wanted was to lay down to sleep. Couldn't wait for supper to be over as the couch called out my name. 

Tomorrow morning will be another no time for coffee day as I have to leave pretty early for my first chemo infusion. Wait! They do have coffee in the waiting room! I think I might be saved!

Have a Blessed day everyone.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...