Sunday, June 12, 2016

The Side Effects

                                          Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.



One holy Church, one army strong,
    One steadfast high intent,
  One working band, one harvest-song,
    One King omnipotent.
S. JOHNSON.

I've been sort of out of action for a few days since my first chemo was administered. I truly have not been feeling well, especially since the side effects have begun so much earlier this time. As I've stated before, the side effects hit me right away while I was still in the parking lot of the hospital. That has never happened before. 

Usually, by the time I arrive home, I start feeling fatigue and everyday after that, a new symptom emerges. Not this time. First, it was the metal mouth taste where nothing tastes good. I wonder if my having upper dentures has anything to do with it. I am constantly washing out my mouth.

Secondly, the nausea hit me straight on. I normally don't use the pills, because they never really worked well for me. This time, I popped those suckers every four hours.  Drinking water, eating broth, saltines and toast has helped somewhat with the nausea.

Thirdly, all this popping pills every four hours has made me extremely constipated. At least, I'm believing the medication has something to do with it. Although, constipation has been a side effect I deal with during treatment, but it has never been this bad. It seems that since I've had my surgery, I've been on a daily dosage of Miralax!

Fourthly, the fatigue. When it comes on, I almost feel lite-headed. I am tired and do not have the energy level, which is normal. I am so hard on myself, because I still expect to work the same, do the same and be the same as if nothing has happened. I have to constantly remind myself that I am still very much in recovery.  

Fifthly, I swear my stomach is still swollen or at least seems so large! My wound, when I touch it, almost feels numb. When I sit up or drive a longer distance, my belly becomes sore. 

Even now, as I write this post, I'm becoming tired and metal mouth taste is back in my mouth! I'm all ready for bed and it's only suppertime. The things I've planned to do while in recovery, I haven't even touched. This recovery is a lot slower than I first thought. 

Have a blessed day everyone.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...