Sunday, June 19, 2016

Too Good To Be True

                                         Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.


Let us disengage ourselves from care about the passing things of time; let us soar above our worldly possessions. The bee does not less need its wings when it has gathered an abundant store, for if it sink in the honey, it dies.
--Saint Augustine.


A while back, about two weeks after my surgery, I had a wonderful day where I felt real good. Even though I still had my staples, I thought to myself, let me take a walk outside. I needed a break from being inside all the time. The weather was beautiful and I decided to take the opportunity to feel the sunshine on my face. 

I grabbed my Netflix and decided to take a walk to the mailbox. I mean, it's only two blocks away. I can handle that. The thing is that when we're driving, everything seems close by, doesn't it? That mailbox ended up being a whole four very long blocks. I thought I would never see that blue box. 

On my way home, my stomach ached and I felt exhausted. I grabbed my belly like a pregnant women strolling along in the neighborhood. All I wanted was to get home and take a nap. Which is exactly what I did upon arriving.  

There were and still are many days as the one above where I felt real good upon wakening. I would make several plans for the day because of it only to discover I could only do a few of them. Even yesterday, I spent my morning with a friend at a rummage sale hoping to find some yarn. Came home and went walking with Emily for the rest of the afternoon. 

By the time evening came,  I was exhausted and so was Emily. I think I need to stop overdoing it a bit. Just because I have a good day doesn't mean I'm fully recovered. Don't worry everyone, today I am resting!

Have a Blessed day everyone.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...