Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Highlight Of The Week #19

                                         Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.

  Wherever in the world I am,
    In whatsoe'er estate,
  I have a fellowship with hearts,
    To keep and cultivate,
  And a work of lowly love to do
    For the Lord on whom I wait.
A. L. WARING.

How can I define these past two weeks? Emotionally draining that's how. 

The first week I battled Fmla. That promised post on that very subject is coming. Right now, I don't even want to think about them. It seemed as if I was on the phone more handling the red tape than actually spending time healing. All I will say on that matter is that these people are exhausting and so are there antics!

The other week, I began my first dosage of chemo and spent the rest of that week laid up. I have to keep reminding myself that I still haven't recovered from the surgery, because I am extremely tired. That's not the case when it's my first chemo treatment. Usually, since it is my first, my body is still strong and repetition makes me weaker in the long run. As I rested, feeling drained, others took up the load.

On a positive note, the weather has been absolutely lovely. I'm so blessed to have people in my life who are thoughtful and kind. I've always said that each and every treatment has shown me how much I am loved. The cards are still coming in and so are the phone calls. I am truly blessed.

In these past nine years, I can count on one hand the times a meal was provided for me by others. Not so now!  I've had lunch brought over, dessert in the evening and a pot roast for dinner. We haven't had to cook in almost five days. I've been taken to a concert in the park, potluck BBQ at Church and rummage sales! There is always someone who is ready to come pick me up for a mini adventure. 

I feel like we're melding our relationships into stronger and binding cords that make us brother and sisters of Christ.

Have a Blessed day everyone.
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...