Thursday, November 19, 2015

Throwback Thursday

T
                                   5Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.


EveryEvery year at this time, I always take the majority of my vacation. A week of Thanksgiving and the two last weeks in December. This has been going on for years, except this year I had to give up Thanksgiving and a few days in December (team player stuff).

There is nothing more relaxing than to be off for at least a week at a time. I would choose projects to work on that required quite a bit of my time like writing or a difficult crochet project. Last year, I actually wrote the majority of my first e-book during this Holiday.

One tradition we have kept is eating tofu turkey on Thanksgiving with wild rice stuffing. Love it! Emily's adoptive family has moved to Puerto Rico and their Holiday dinners have ceased. My Godson added a baby sister Alexa to Lachlan.

So much has changed since 2012, but some things do stay the same. . . .the things that matter the most.
EEEEE5555

If I had to rate this Holiday , I'd say it has been one of the very best times ever . The best part is that we didn't do anything grand  just enjoyed each other's company .

Since the children weren't coming until the 28th, Emily and I chose to spend Christmas Eve just the two of us eating to-furkey ! Looking for the tofu turkey was an adventure in itself. This search has been over a year in the making until I finally wised up and asked people on facebook. Bingo! It was found. I have to say it was pretty darn good with wild rice stuffing. I would definitely eat it again.

After our big dinner, we sat down to watch re-runs of shows on the food network. With only the christmas lights in the window  flickering softly, we sat around in our pajamas enjoying each other's company. What an absolutely relaxing time!

The next day, I headed out to my mom's house to spend the day with her while Emily headed out to her second, adopted family for dinner. My mom  chatted to her heart's content about everything that has happened in the last couple of weeks! I sat there on the couch crocheting slipper after slipper while the hours just flew by without us even knowing it. What a great day that was! Emily equally had a great time if the video I saw was anything to go on. They just told jokes and laughed through the whole evening.

I guess the vacay was great not because of anything spectacular we did, but because of the company we enjoyed. Isn't that what holidays are all about? Last night, we had another addition to our growing family. My godson and his wife welcomed their first child, a baby boy Lachlan. God Bless!

Tonight, my littles are coming for an overnight visit so we can have our own belated Christmas. Nothing else could be more perfect.
Have a Blessed Week everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...