Friday, November 20, 2015

The Hibernation

                                         Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.

Well folks it's official, I'm in total hibernation mode. No use in denying it. I could sit around and do absolutely nothing and be happy doing that. As much as I loved being busy and active, quite the opposite has been occurring now. Although, not by my own choice.

There have been so many changes these past couple of years that I feel as if our lives have been stagnant waiting for something, just not sure what that may be. We've been walking on a treadmill not really going anywhere, not making any headway or falling back. No matter how hard we try, pushing and shoving, there is no real progress.
 
I'm becoming more and more tired of the plainness, the sameness and the ordinariness of our everyday life. I'm ready for a change, but what is that change to be?
 
That's the huge question, isn't it? What's next in life. We all ponder it,  go into a depression over it, and for some of us, it can become a major obstacle to overcome. We become strangers to ourselves.
 
 This treatment has placed me in a very contemplative mood where I revisit and rethink many of my decisions and especially plans for the future. It seems this journey has come to a place where I want to explore the question "what else?"
 
As usual, it can be painful when we begin to shed our old selves. Are we really ready to face the new person that emerges from that shell? One can only try. I know that I've acquired a  certain boldness as my cancer transformation occurred eight years ago. I'm definitely not as afraid as I was of living life. In fact, I feel more of an urgency to live out my dreams and personal wish list.  

I guess there is only thing to say and do. Who's game for the next step of our journey? All abroad!

Have a blessed day everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...