Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Simply Books



                                                   Everyday is a brand new day, everyday
                                                   is a journey.
                             

My boycott of television during the week is still ongoing. I find that I don't miss it at all. Instead, I have been occupying that time reading.

First, let me say that I love books. Not just to read them, but to display them. I love their binding, their covers and just plain the feel of a book. I cannot even imagine reading without holding one in my hands. Books to me are to be cherished, respected and used often.

Before we moved into this tiny apartment, I had quite a collection displaying a variety of books and topics. I ended up donating the majority of them, because the size of our apartment. To this day, I regret it so much.

Since then I have begun another collection and I have to say it is growing beautifully. My hope is that in my golden years of retirement, I will be able to spend my free time reading all of them. Now, we know what happens when we make plans like that, the majority of time they never get realized. I'm hoping that my grandchildren will develop a great love of books and they can take them after I'm gone. Already my grandson shares that same love.

One of my favorite Disney Princesses happens to be Belle. Guess why? All because of the great scene where the Beast shows her the grand library. I've always loved that scene, because I understood how she felt. I hope you will find time to open up a great book and snuggle on a cozy couch.

Have a blessed day everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...