Monday, November 23, 2015

Are You Happy?


                                         Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.

Are You Happy?
 
The words jumped off the page screaming loudly to my heart. Are you happy? How am I to answer that loaded question? According to what category?
 
I don't know. I really don't know. It depends on the day or the situation or how I'm feeling. Maybe I should ask another question.

Are you rested? Is your heart full?  Is your cup filled with overflowing rested peace?

For so long I have been starving for that rest. Life's problems can be so draining of all our much needed essentials that only a contented heart can fill. Sometimes, we become way too busy and are not even aware of our hearts depletion. I have been searching for a renewal.

I sat in Church last Sunday and felt contentment. Contentment, because I felt the beginning of rest. It didn't happen overnight, it actually took over two whole years. I was afraid it would never come back.

Our hearts have to be fed to sustain it's growth. We can never flourish completely into our full potential if we don't provide the necessary nourishment. We all have our own levels of happiness, our own idea of what rest looks like.

Are you happy? Have you reached that stage where you can honestly say you're content with the status of your heart?

There are so many hurting people in the world that are searching for that rest, that happiness and contentment. Some find it and others blindly grasp at anything to attain it.

So am I happy? Yes, I'm on the road to a rested happiness. Where are you at?

Have a blessed day everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...