Sunday, November 1, 2015

A Worry-Free Sunday


                                         Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.
                              

OVERHEARD IN AN ORCHARD
Said the Robin to the Sparrow:
“I should really like to know
Why these anxious human beings
Rush about and worry so?”
Said the Sparrow to the Robin:
“Friend, I think that it must be
That they have no Heavenly Father
Such as cares for you and me.”
—Elizabeth Cheney
 
It takes all of my strength not to worry about things. I have always been a worrier, stemming I think from my being a single mom. There was no one to share the load with and for that reason my children did get away with things, especially Emily. Looking back now, I know I could have done much, much better job than I actually have done.

Yet, letting go of the worry takes a lot of work. It all has do with trust. It's fine and dandy when things are looking great. I mean, it's easy to say I trust God when the balance on the checking account has more than a couple of digits, all the bills are paid, the children seem happy and you just got a raise.

Throw a monkey wrench into the mix at just one of these things to go wrong and suddenly we're up all night worrying. We can't help it, it comes so naturally to us worriers. I am trying very hard to just let go and allow God to take over.

As I headed out the door to Church this morning, I prayed that very same thing. It's no wonder that every single worship song dealt with leaving it at the Cross. I secretly smiled to myself. He always knows what I need, doesn't he? Where would I be without His guidance, His protection and His forgiveness? I don't even want to think about it.

So today, I'm a good daughter of His, leaving it at the Cross, but who knows what tomorrow will bring? One day at a time. One step at a time. Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.

Have a blessed day everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...