Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Before The Sun Comes Up

                                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday
                                                 is a journey.
 
 
And who will walk a mile with me
Along life's weary way?
A friend whose heart has eyes to see
The stars shine out o'er the darkening lea,
And the quiet rest at the end of the day--
A friend who knows and dares to say,
The brave sweet words that cheer the way
Where he walks a mile with me.
--Henry van Dyke.

I sat on the marble bench inside the hospital awaiting for Radiology to open. It was early. I was very early. It was dark outside when I left my apartment, hardly any cars on the road.

I sat on that marble bench with an elderly woman looking through the ceiling to floor windows as the sun slowly appeared. I watched as the world awakened to a new day. So beautiful. So very beautiful. How I missed seeing all that Glory that each and every new day brings!

I remember many a mornings such as this one. I can remember the snow covered trees and cars as Winter's cold blast came through. I can remember the howling of the wind as it bent the tree branches to it's will. I can remember a storm that thundered and lit up the sky as the Earth was drenched in purifying water. How many times have I see  a beautiful sun appear on the horizon, shining brightly on all the greenery and lush beauty of Summer?

Can you tell how much I miss waking early in the wee morning hours? I sat there on that marble bench with that elderly lady so content and peaceful. I could have sat there all day staring out onto the streets below. Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.

Have a Blessed day everyone.


 

2 comments:

  1. Her article it is very interesting to read, I was delighted to read the article that you make,let alone there included photo. Thank you
    .

    ReplyDelete

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...