Monday, November 2, 2015

When All Else Fails

                                          Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.

The praying spirit breathe,
The watching power impart,
From all entanglements beneath
Call off my anxious heart.
My feeble mind sustain,
By worldly thoughts oppressed;
Appear, and bid me turn again
To my eternal rest.
C. WESLEY.

When all else fails. . . . stop! Stop whatever you planned on doing and give it a rest until further notice. This past Sunday that couldn't have been more true.

Coming home from Church, I quickly threw a glance into the laundry room and seeing the washing machine stand empty, I scampered up the stairs as fast as I possibly could. I wanted to do a load before someone else beat me to it. Grabbing the hamper, I lugged it downstairs only to find to my dismay that someone did.

Back and forth I went at least three times, lugging that hamper with me up and down the stairs. Each time the washing machine was in use. I gave up after that, deciding that maybe I shouldn't be doing laundry on the Sabbath in the first place.

Settled down instead to do my Health Benefits Enrollment ( it's that time of the year). My password is not accurate. Frowning I pull out my handy notebook where I keep all important information such as passwords. One cannot do anything online without a password anymore.

Once again, I have to reset my password. I don't know what it is about my job's website, but I constantly have to reset my password. It is a huge problem that I find annoying, because it shouldn't take this long and it does. The accessibility really stinks! So what happens when I finally do get the password right? Connection problems occur and the page cannot be found.

There are days where one should do absolutely nothing, but lounge around. If you even attempt to be active that day, life intervenes and problems prevent it from happening. All you have to show for accomplishment are your frayed nerves.

When all else fails, folks. . . drop everything and go watch a movie.

Have a blessed day everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...