Saturday, November 7, 2015

You Will Not Be A Procrastinator

                                        Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.

A tired face stared back at me in the bathroom mirror. The sun barely rose over the horizon and here I was preparing to start my day. Another thing to check off our "to do" list. I had to use all of my strength not to crawl back into bed.

You will not be a procrastinator.

We were doing so good lately in not putting things off until tomorrow even if that meant a fast-paced tempo throughout the day. We renewed our Id's at the DMV, registered for Open Enrollment for our insurance and made appointments for our flu shots. We even had time for a couple of job applications (for Emily)  right along with assessment tests.

This morning we're off for a tune up on our car and a quick coffee date with a friend. A quick coffee because my tiny apartment is once again brimming with baby blankets, hats and scarves from my Ministry ladies. We have to launder, fold and pack all the beautiful goodies for it's next destination.

You will not be a procrastinator.

Halfway through the day I want to stop and settle in for the day, but I keep reminding myself of that little promise I mentally repeat over and over again. I will not be a procrastinator.

It's so difficult to keep our energies running full-brim while the world seems to be spinning at it's fastest. We're all so tired, aren't we? Our plates never seem to be depleted, instead the opposite.

I often think about what my life in Heaven will be like. I imagine a peaceful existence where we will not hurry or run, but stroll. Imagine just strolling through paradise, taking in all the beauty around you. How lovely is that? A place where the word procrastinator will not exist.

Have a Blessed day everyone.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...