Saturday, November 22, 2014

The Saturday

Today begins my Thanksgiving vacation . Every year in February I reserve four weeks : 4th of July , Thanksgiving and the last two weeks of Christmas . These vacation weeks I look forward to all year . 

Usually during this time , I plan a " to do list " that is not a chore at all , but more of a pleasurable hobby . This time ,  I have been challenged to write a certain type of literature that has to be kept  a secret for now . How am I doing on my first day ? 

Well . . . .. . 

We both got up after 10:00 a.m. , not really intending to oversleep . By the time we got moving with some much needed errands , it was already early afternoon . Then laundry , some light cleaning , then a supper of potato latkes , a plate of homemade cookies for the neighbors and here we are the day ending quickly . 

That was my first day . 

Not quite how I intended it all to turn out . In my mind , I saw myself as very productive , whipping out story after story with a feverish frenzy . Instead , I spent it in the company of my daughter giggling and laughing the whole day . 

Has it been a waste ? Absolutely not ! Sometimes , we just need to unwind and spend it with our loved ones . Put that list away for today and make some memories .

Have a Blessed day everyone . 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...