Saturday, November 29, 2014

Looking From The Outside In

I've always had compassion for people who were introverts , castaways , the black sheep of the world . The ones that were always picked last in any given game , the ones that never get invited to all the " cool " parties . The awkward , shy ones that are looking from the outside in  , wanting to just belong . 

Why ? Because I've always been that type of person who never quite fit in with everyone else . I've always formed my own opinions regarding people and situations , rarely being influenced by others . 

This fact carries both the positive and negative result . Sometimes , I wish I had listened to the stern warnings from friends , but I feel we all have that natural desire to learn from  our own mistakes . Plus , we don't want to be told what to do . 

Now that I have aged ( wink ) , things like that are beginning to matter less and less . That deep desire I've always held in my heart  to wanting to belong to a group is fast departing . Why the sudden change of heart ?

Well , I've realized that some of these groups that my heart yearned for aren't so great to begin with . I mean , why would they be selective in the people they allowed in ? Didn't I fit their ideal for the kind of people they wanted to hang out with ? Am I not kind , intelligent , or a compassionate person ? I think I am very funny and I can bring a vast experience of life to the table . So what's the problem ?

A lot of groups are just plain cliques . I have another word for them . . . bullies . You may think it's too harsh of a word , but I totally disagree . If I have to fit a certain criteria , think exactly like you do and nod my head with everything you have to say , then you're a bully . 

The last thing I want to do is belong where opinions don't matter . I love diversity in every part of my life . I don't just eat one type of food nor do I listen to only type of music . I don't only hang out with Polish people , because I was born in Poland . Diversity is the spice of life . 

So you can keep your groups , I'll hang out with the castaways who actually have an opinion to voice  . 

Have a Blessed day everyone . 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...