Wednesday, November 19, 2014

A Car , God And I

When my children were quite small , I practically lived inside my car , using it as a refuge from the world . Whenever  I needed a break , that's exactly where one would find me . . . . .sitting in the driveway reclining in the front seat . 

You could see Emily and Joey staring at me through the living room window , all confused to what I was doing . They would be knocking on the living room window , waving to me to come back inside . I think they thought I was leaving somewhere without them . 

My love affair with the sanctuary of my vehicle has continued well into the here and now . There have been many times after a difficult day at work , where I sat in front of my home listening to music rather than go in directly . 

There is something about that space where I feel God's Everlasting Presence . There are no interruptions of any kind . I am completely alone with my God . I tune in and sing along as I drive , feeling the tensions of the day slip away . 

Everyday on my way to work , the music comes on and the relaxation begins . I need it  or my day will not go well . 

If there is anything on my mind , my car is the place to dish it out with the Lord . I'm sure I look a sight to others driving alongside of me , talking to myself and sometimes very passionately . 

There hasn't been one single time that I have driven to my doctor appointment or chemo where my heart hasn't been touched in a particular way with a thought , or a song . Usually followed by a tear or two . 

Yes , my car is more than a vehicle to me . That's probably why I don't really care for carpooling . I mean , that might be awkward if witnessed by others . They might send for the men in white to take me away . 

Seriously , this has become my time with God where I gather all my thoughts and where I have all my daily conversations with my Father . I'm definitely not ready to give that up .  Where is your place ? Your sanctuary ? If you're not there yet , I hope you find one soon . We all need some sanity . 

Have a Blessed day everyone . 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...