Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Simply Financial Peace

Being a single mom , I have struggled with finances  , living paycheck to paycheck for longer than I care to admit . When I began coming to my Church , there was a class offered from Crown Financial at that time , but I was too scared to join and felt the fee was more than I could have afforded . I passed on that opportunity  and have regretted that decision ever since . 

When , almost 7 years later ,  they offered the Financial Peace University class , I grasped with both hands the chance to better my life . I didn't care how much it cost , thinking in terms of an investment rather than the emptying of my purse . 

The first night , my excitement bubble burst with a resounding 
blast . That excitement turned to fear  knowing that now I had to make this work . We all can dream big , but when it becomes a reality , we become scared of failing . We'll talked the talk , now we have to walk the walk .

My second week ,  a tsunami hit my budget with my car breaking down with unexpected repair costs . I could see my mock budget shriveling up and turning to dust as my head hung low coming out of that class . Never have I felt such a failure as I did that week . 

My third week , I went in feeling determined to make it work . I would be a success and never again would I give in to money worries . I have spent too many years riding the roller coaster of highs and lows . I had no problem saving for a rainy day , but the problem was , I needed to save for a Noah's Flood . 

Today , I am sitting on the floor , going over all these papers piled high , making a real-life budget . Not only do I have to take control of my money , but I need to take responsibility of what God entrusted in me . Who knows what week four will bring , I may fail or I may succeed , either way , I'm not giving up . 

Have a Blessed day everyone . 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...