Sunday, March 16, 2014

Being Still

Being still . One of the hardest things to do , but it can be very effective in times of struggles . It is something I have been trying to accomplish for years .

All weekend long , I have been flitting from one chore to the next , mentally checking off overdue lists . My body filled to the top with extra energy that I didn't even know I possessed . The success meter rang loud with every accomplished task . 

Yet , my mind has been still . 

I do not want to fill my brain with worry fore I cannot change anything . 

Worry is my biggest enemy . I worry about everything . If I have an appointment early in the morning , I won't sleep a wink in case
 I oversleep . The check engine light comes on and I practically have a heart attack wondering if I'm going to make it to where I'm
 going . 

I have learned to keep my mind still by keeping my body busy 
with activity . When there is a problem , a worry or any kind of emotional hurt in my life , that's when my home is the most spotless place on earth . At least my closets and drawers are in order , if not my life . 

There are times when an argument gets out of hand and you have no idea how this even came about . . . . . sometimes , it's better to become still and not say anything . 

I wish I could learn how to be still right from the start . This way , I can avoid all sorts of emotional highs and lows . We keep reminding each other to leave our troubles with God , but we really don't know how to do that . That's more talk rather than action . 

I wish my life came with the  arrow sign , like the famous
 commercial , I could just follow it to wherever I needed to go without making any detours . On the other hand , it might get a little boring and we might not learn anything from the experiences we encounter . 

What to do , what to do . I guess , for now , being still is the best course .

Have a Blessed day everyone . 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...