Monday, March 11, 2013

Hare Comes March

March to me represents renewal , a new beginning , out with the old and of course . . .. . a Resurrection . As each day passes , I anxiously peer out my bedroom window for signs of Spring . To my dismay , March has been nothing but snowfall and cold temperatures .

Usually , by this time , we are filling Easter eggs with candy for our traditional Easter Egg Hunt at Church . This has been become a favorite of Emily's . She loves to lay out the eggs while the children are working on a craft or performing a song .

So where is our Spring ? I long for the open air freshness that breezes through the windows and fills the rooms with it's essence . I long to fling open the curtains and let the children's voices ring loud and clear as they play .

To be in love with Spring is best , you see
when warming earth's alive with growing pains
and cherry petals fill the tangled skeins
the spider spins between the fence and tree
and I should think of keeping cool and bring
tranquility and less impassioned song
to share my bed and yet the whole night through
I lie awake and swear ----- and think of you .

The apartment smells musky and needs a good airing out . Growing impatient for Spring to arrive , I've already begun my cleaning . Going through closets and drawers , I do this every year and yet I still find things to get rid of . Where does this stuff come from ? I'm a pack rat , collecting things so I can have something to do for Spring cleaning !

Another good reason I love Spring ? The end of chemo ! Four down , two more to go . Have a Blessed day everyone .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...