Saturday, March 2, 2013

Exercise Me

When I first read in our Church bulletin about the exercise class that would be held in the basement every Saturday morning , I was delighted . I practically ran to sign up , so enthused was I .

Now , a whole month later , I wish I could say the same . My body covered with rashes and sores , I have no idea what I was thinking back then . Wait a minute ! I know what I was thinking ! I was thinking skinny , but I now know I will never be skinny again .

The first session involved an introductory lesson as to what equipment we would need and the type of exercises we would be performing . We sat around and chatted with one another and expressed  what we wanted to get out of this class .

The second session I missed since I spent the weekend visiting my grandkids in Springfield . I did end up buying all my exercise equipment at Walmart while over there . I wasn't happy spending the money unless I saw some results from this class .

The third session  I also missed because of the rashes and sores that appeared from my chemo . I felt like I abandoned my instructor especially since I made such a huge deal of telling her how much I was looking forward to this . Now , I'm a no show .

So this morning , I grabbed my gear and headed out to my exercise class . Upon arriving , there were like fifty people throughout the church spring cleaning . I totally forgotten about this happening today . Again , no exercise class .

Coming home , telling Emily of why I'm back so soon ,  she says to me  .. . .
" Boy , you really lucked out exercising , haven't you . What's your excuse for next week ? "

She is so right . I hate exercising and deep down inside , I wonder how much of this has really been an excuse to justify my inaction towards it .  I'm looking for the easy way out without my actually putting in any hard work . If I want to lose the weight , really lose the weight , I have to work for it .

Again , that girl is right ! Have a Blessed day everyone .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...