Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Letters From The Past

I never throw out old cards or letters . I save them for a later time to re-read and re-acquaint myself with the past . Both of my children have their old birthday and special event cards stashed away in a box to look at whenever nostalgia invades their hearts .

Lately , I've been experiencing some technical problems with my internet connections . Quite alot , actually . Today was one of those days . Out came my box of letters and I spent the morning writing to my friends of old .

There was a time where this was common for me . I had numerous penpals that I would write long , descriptive letters to . . . what has happened to our society ? Cards and letters are almost extinct . My great - grandchildren won't even know what a stamp is except for collecting .

Even as I wrote those letters , I didn't hand write them , but typed them out . I feel like we are losing something very personal and special in this world of newer and bigger  things . Everything is a quick fix . A microwavable dinner , e-invites  and even parties can happen without actually anyone coming over . . .. all thanks to the internet  ! Who has time for a letter ? Or a card ?

Wedding invitations don't need a printer , you can make your own website for guests to sign into . Pretty soon , you'll never have to leave your house . Hey , wait a minute ! That's actually a dream come true for me .

People just don't have the time anymore . At least , I now know , why everyone stops and takes a look , whenever I pull out my crocheting . People just don't do things the old way anymore . They are probably thinking , " look at that old lady knitting just like my grandma used to " .

Have a Blessed Day everyone .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...