Friday, March 15, 2013

Letting Go

The sun goes down for a nap and suddenly , the day turns into night . How quickly the time has disappeared , my week rushing past without my grasp upon it . There's no time to do anything but eat , sleep and a quick chore before work .

Lately , it seems that my girl wants to chat about everything and anything . Having joined a group her own age at our Church has brought on all sorts of topics and emotions . She is filled with reasons why she should quit this group and yet , she goes each time , propelling discussion after discussion in our home .

Letting go . . . .

You could almost see the struggle inside of her as she battles the will to let go and move on or quit , staying in the same rut .

I'm scared .

Letting go is scary . Whether that means walking into chemo treatments for the third time : or having a baby after 14  year difference : or moving away to another state and starting completely over .

Letting go means trusting God  with our inner most feelings , our deepest fears . Saying to Him , here I am , completely naked and exposed before You . Mend me , bend me to Your will . Do what You want with me , falling backwards into His arms . How many people can do that ?

I watch the struggle within her and silently pray she has the strength to accept the challenge . I can see the woman she will become . Just let go . . . .

Have a Blessed day everyone .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...