Sunday, March 3, 2013

The Lifestyle

" We don't recognize the value in celebrating the strange twists , the difficulties , the so-called failures , when we really should .. .and could . We consider our flops or hard times a defeat , but in reality they are God's greatest compliments . They're transforming love gifts from a gracious heavenly Father ".
Luci Swindoll

My 4th chemo treatment was on Friday and probably the longest time spent there thus far . It started to snow on my way to the hospital and I arrived late . They were so busy . . . the clinic overflowing . . . . delays everywhere .

I love my doctor and enjoy all my visits with her . She examined all my rashes . . . the only part of me not covered in them happens to be my face , neck and calves . The latest spot happened to be my belly button and it made my tummy swell up abit . She just shook her head and grimaced at how much pain I must have been in .

You still want to continue ?

Absolutely ! I'm almost done . Maybe this time it will last at least a couple of years in between .

I know you had that nice long spell after the first time , but it happens so much quickly from that point on .

You mean , I will have to do this every year ?

Maybe , we'll see . Let's talk more when the latest petscan arrives .

As I sat there in my recliner with the chemo dripping into my bloodstream , my heart sank . I don't want to do this every year . I thought of my calendar covering the length of my desk . On it , penciled in were all my dates and upcoming events  in my life . All my chemo dates were entered in brightly colored pens .

As I thought about that calendar , I thought how much my life has changed with each return of this blasted cancer . It started with the cancer fitting  within my life and now , I have to fit in my life among the camcer .

So many changes brought on into my life since the cancer . Regardless of  all the pain that came with it , I can honestly say , that for these past six years I have truly begun to live my life . I guess , that's what it really means to find Joy within my struggles  in life . I think I get it now .

Have a Blessed day everyone .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...