Sunday, April 1, 2012

Tea With The Mad Hatter

             Yesterday , I spent the afternoon with the Mad Hatter having tea and sandwiches . The room was filled with Alice in Wonderland decor and the ladies all wore outrageous hats ! In case , you may think I've lost my marbles , let me assure you I'm perfectly sane .
               We had our yearly "Goodbye To Winter Tea " at my church hosted by my Pastor's wife . This year's theme was Alice in Wonderland . The men served us wearing white crisp shirts and black bowties . All the ladies dressed up in zany outfits and outrageously beautiful hats .  It was just lovely . The message was based on Alice's quest to finding out " who am I "?
               Who am I ? Where am I going ? What path should I take ? What should I do ? We , as women , are everchanging . We are constantly re-discovering ourselves . I find the older I get the harder it is for me to accept change . I just want to sit in  my comfortable corner and have tea with the Mad Hatter .
               Since I have returned to work , I find myself pondering these same questions . I feel displaced in my job , my group , my ministry , my friends . Something is missing . I wish I knew what that " something " was  so I could feel complete again . I'm searching for that " comfortable corner " to sit at undisturbed . I have screamed out to God many times asking Him these same questions . This sense of displacement is unnerving to me . Another change that I really don't want .
              Our guest speaker ended the message by saying we can be sure of one thing we are ..........we are the daughters of Christ .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...