Saturday, April 21, 2012

I'm Watching You

   I've been following this blog called ," Blessed By Brenna ". It is a blog about a baby born with a skin disorder called Harlequin Ichthyosis . A baby , that at first glance , makes one aware that she has an illness just  by  looking at her appearance .
   Recently , the mother wrote of an experience where the child was gawked  at in public . I felt for that mother . I couldn't image being gawked at by others in that fashion . I wear my scarves in different ways  , I put on eyeliner and eyeshadow to hide the fact I don't have lashes but you can tell that there is something ......a little something different about my appearance than the average persons . Yet , I have not been stared at .........until now .
   I went to work as usual . Arriving , I  flash my I.D. and show my purse contents to the security guard . His eyes never left my face . He's not looking inside my purse or my I.D.  You could see the perplexation on his face as if he is trying very hard to figure out just what is the illness affecting me . You might say he finds me attractive  and that's why he can't take his eyes off me .There is a difference when one looks at you admiringly  and when they look at you confused .
  That irked me . I thought of baby Brenna and people staring at her . Like Brenna's mom said herself , I'd rather they stare but ask questions to be informed rather than just rudely stare and keep quiet .
  Yes , that security guard was new and didn't know me but still .. . . .. .
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...