Sunday, April 29, 2012

Settling In

     Now that my treatment is over  , we can exhale . It seems like we've been holding our breath the whole time . We moved into our apartment right at the same time we found out my cancer returned . This apartment  always seemed like a resting stop until further notice .
     As I slowly get my health back , I've been wondering about our "rest stop" . Looking around our place I've had this desire to really settle in , redecorating and buying some things . Six more months until our lease expires and right now it looks like we'll be staying for awhile . Let's make it a real home .
     This is big for me . I certainly thought we would be moving elsewhere but that didn't work out . At least not now .  On to plan B .
      So what is plan B ? Just getting comfortable . Originally , we weren't going to buy anymore furniture or replace with newer versions if we were leaving . But now , I have a strong desire  to make it our own .
      I'm tired of living in the future . Tired of dreaming of my desired place . That time will come eventually . Time to live for now  and enjoy our surroundings . This should be our little haven . Hanging up new curtains in the kitchen and already it looks different . Yes , new lamps and beds . Ideas popping inside my head .
      Smiling , I'm looking forward to the summer , to my better apartment and the better new me .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...