Sunday, April 22, 2012

Judging Me , Judging You

    We are a judgmental society . Some of us have developed a disease of it and some have a minor affliction , but we all judge to some extent .
     I have been asked how I come up with material for this blog . Well , while taking a bubble bath ! Like tonight , I woke up , my leg throbbing . After much tossing and turning , I decided to get up and take my bath . As I soaked , I reflected , reflected and reflected again on the days events .
    I have missed the last two Women's Group . My leg hurting and my thyroid flaring up I have decided to stay home and rest . At a church event  last night , I ran into a fellow Women Group Sista . After exchanging pleasantries , she chastized me , with a smile , for not coming to last week group . I held back my words and smiled back . In my mind , I thought , so she was there last week . . . . . . . what about the other weeks ? Judging me , judging you .
  I realized , while taking my bath , how quickly I ended up judging her the same way she judged me . I have no idea why she hasn't been coming .There could have been many reasons that I know nothing about and yet........I have judged her just as she judged me .
  It's so easy to sin . We both come to church , we both come to Bible study and we both serve  and yet.........we so quickly judged each other .
  At the church event , they were taking prayer requests .  On our way home , Emily asked me why I didn't stand up and ask people to pray for my leg . Why ? Because I didn't want to get into a lengthy explanation . I have been writing about it forever . People assume that once you go into remission everything is OKAY . Well , it's not . Other ailments occur .
  Will I go to the Group next week ? Probably not , at least not until the doctors sort this thing out . Will I be judged by this woman ? Probably , but that's okay . She just doesn't know what's going on in my life . We shouldn't judge but we do . Judging me , judging you....

1 comment:

  1. Why didn't you tell her?!!! People don't understand what we're going through if we don't let them in!! You can educate her about life after treatment and after going into remission. Truthfully, those of us who haven't gone through it don't know what you're going through, Lottie. But, we want to know and support you. We just need you to tell us!!

    ReplyDelete

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...