Monday, April 9, 2012

Letting Go

     For the past month , I have written about all my illnesses and about my inability of adjusting to life after going back to  work . Nothing has improved in that area . Honestly , I've been avoiding the only obvious solution ........letting go of something . Until my health improves , I don't see any other solution . My body isn't what it used to be and quite honestly , it never fully recovered from my last bout with cancer . If anything , my body feels weaker .
    But what do I let go of ? Every activity I do , I really enjoy . I don't love one more than the other . Let's make a list :
1. doctor appointments
                                    they can vary . This week alone I have three . Obviously , I can't let go of this .
2. once or twice a month events
                                                  this includes things like lectures , town hall mtgs , fellowship dinners at
                                                  church and any other church event . I don't feel like giving any of that
                                                  up since it is only once a month .
3. Sunday school
                           I don't think people know how much time it takes to be involved in Children's
                           Ministry . This is also one of the ministries that it is difficult to get volunteers in .
                           It's also one of the most fulfilling of ministries . I love doing what I do , I just wish
                           there were more volunteers.
4. Women's Group
                                I have been in a group since day one . If not with my church than a girlfriend .   
                                 Not only as a Bible Study but as a fellowship with other women . I can't imagine
                                 my life without it . It is very demanding of your time but also very fulfilling
                                 spiritually .
5. my work
                  I work 9 hour days and sometimes that includes a Saturday . There is nothing that I can do
                  about my work schedule and obviously can't give this one up either.
          I literally don't know what to do . This doesn't include my errands , or housework or family events . I have no idea of what I should let go of . Maybe , I'm going about this the wrong way . Maybe , I should ask myself , what would I gain  by giving up one of these things . If I gave up Bible Study , would that time be served better doing something else ?
         I would appreciate prayers as I want to make the right decision for me . All I know is that I can't go on the way I have . I forgot my blog !!! I certainly don't write in here as much as I used to anymore . I definitely don't intend on giving this up !!

               \\\\\\\\\\

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...