Thursday, April 12, 2012

Keeping The Faith

             As I headed out for testing on my heart , it never occurred to me that I would encounter a fascinating young woman along the way . After signing in at the Heart Center , I sat down preparing for a lengthy wait . Pulling out my crocheting for this particular reason , I was very surprised to hear my name called out . It was only a few minutes wait .
            A young woman in her middle 20"s smiled at me as she led me into the room where my tests were to be done . She introduced herself and I'm ashamed to say I can't remember her name .
         She was full of questions about my cancer . How did I find out I had cancer ? What was my chemo like ? Where did I have my surgery ? How many stages were there ? Did I have a complete hysterectomy ? How long ago was my  first bout with cancer ? The questions were endless . She seemed genuinely interested in my cancer .
        She spoke of her Pastor's message this past Sunday at church . How he spoke of healing and never giving up our belief in being healed no matter what health issues we were  facing . I told her how I believed I was healed the first time and how difficult it was for me to accept this cancer coming back . Do you know what she said to me ? Don't ever stop believing you are healed because we live by Faith .
        On my way home , I thought about this young woman . I thought about her in the evening and when I woke up this morning . I'm still thinking about her .
      Lately , I have been fighting " doubt " . Doubt within my ministry , my friendships , my relationships......basically my everything . I thought about walking away from my everything . Even this blog . I'm tired , I'm crabby and I just have been thinking like noone cares .
      I feel like God sent her to me to remind me to keep plugging along.....to believe ......to keep the faith . He cares.......

1 comment:

  1. We all need that voice of encouragement to keep going. You have been that voice in my life, Lottie. I'm so grateful for your encouragement, just when I was ready to give up. He has returned that encouragement back to you through this young woman. We do, indeed, "reap what we sow"! Praying for you.

    ReplyDelete

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...