Thursday, April 30, 2020

Just Share It: The Weaver



I have first developed a love for poetry in the Freshman year of High School. We had to compile a whole series of poems and illustrate them appropriately. I enjoyed every minute and I received an A+ for it, too. I don't have a favorite, which is kind of weird, because everyone else does. I guess that maybe it could be, because I love diversity. There are numerous poems out there for everyone, but I look for what the poem conveys to me. The Weaver speaks to me, because it is a relationship that I want to achieve with my Lord and Savior. I hope you enjoy. 


The Weaver
Author Unknown

My life is but a weaving
Between my Lord and me.
I cannot choose the colors
As He weaveth steadily.
Sometimes He chooses dark threads
And I in foolish pride,
Forget He sees the upper
And I the under side.
Not till the loom is silent
And the shuttles cease to fly,
Will God unroll the canvass
And explain the reason why.
The dark threads are as needful
In the Weaver's skillful hand,
As the threads of Gold and Silver,
In the pattern He has planned.

Have a blessed day everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...