Saturday, April 25, 2020

When Scheduling Goes Awry

                           Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.     




Build thee more stately mansions, O my soul,
  As the swift seasons roll!
  Leave thy low-vaulted past!
  Let each new temple, nobler than the last,
  Shut thee from heaven with a dome more vast,
  Till thou at length art free,
  Leaving thine outgrown shell by life's unresting sea!
O. W. HOLMES.


I have written about time management and organization for what seems like forever. I think deep down inside I really want to find that perfect fit for me. I think we all do. The problem is that our schedules change all the time. Just when we get the hang of it, Bam! Time for a change. Something new has come up.


Time, scheduling, organization . . . . all of these are my nemesis. If I could combat these my life would run like clockwork, but then how dull it would be! I can laugh now, because I no longer even bother with trying to make my life perfect. I do what I can when I can.

We spend so much money for that perfect planner, book or organizing trick that will make our life run smoothly. There are way too many expert people out there that claim this can happen in 5 easy steps. Maybe a couple more, depending on the book, I guess.

I don't know about you, but whatever I organized when my children were small only stayed that way for a day or two. Then we were back to square one. Social media always likes to remind the average parent that they can do it all just like the Brady Bunch or The Modern Family. The mom is perfectly dressed, the perfect cook, runs the family, works and has time to volunteer a batch of chocolate chip cookies for school the next day . . . for every child. Not!

Here I am without any small children to take care of or a home to run or even married, yet scheduling gets away from me. It seems it hasn't gotten any better with age! Something else I have noticed, it also doesn't seem to bother me as much as it did. I think I've finally realized that we can only do what we can when we can. Things just fall into place . . . eventually.

Have a blessed day everyone. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...