Wednesday, April 29, 2020

A Good Night's Sleep

                            Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey


Only he who lives in truth finds it. 
The deepest truth is not born of conscious striving,
 but comes in the quiet hour when a noble nature gives
 itself into the keeping of life, 
to suffer, to feel, to think,
 and to act as it is moved by a wisdom not its own.
—Hamilton Mabie.


I awakened from a deep sleep, feeling rested and refreshed. It is very easy to sleep here. It's so quiet, no street noise or any kind of noise at all. This silence only occurs in the morning when the tenants have either left for work or finally settled in after the partying.

Last night, I came home from work totally exhausted, barely keeping my eyes open. It has been raining regularly for the month of April and my body could not keep up any longer. I slept so very soundly as if depraved and hungry for the release it so badly needed. 

There is something about the rain where it demands a total release whatever that release may be for you. It will cleanse one way or another. When I was younger, I loved to walk after a storm. Everything looked so clean, green and alive. Flowers and plants could have been drooping from the heat, but after the rain, they stood to attention. Amazing what the living water can do for one.

My only wish is that I don't have a lovely picture window to look out from so I could see the effects of the rain as they happen. Funny, the things one misses when they are no longer available. What do you miss? I seem to miss such small things of absolutely no significance to anyone, but me. A picture window. A good cup of coffee. A foot rub. A peaceful afternoon with a good book.

For now, allow me to bask in the good feeling that has embraced me. These moments are so short lived, so fleeting one must appreciate them and hold onto them for as long as one can. Here's to your morning. Here's to your moment.

Have a blessed day everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...