Saturday, April 11, 2020

Have You Ever Wanted To Give Up?

                                      Everyday is a brand new day,
                                       everyday is a journey.


In speech right gentle,
 yet so wise: princely of mien,
Yet softly mannered; modestdeferent,
And tender-hearted, though of a fearless blood.


Have you ever wanted to give up?

During my almost thirteen years with cancer, I have never been asked that question and I have been asked a lot of questions. I'm almost glad I was not face to face with the individual who asked it, because I was left speechless. I needed to think about my answer, because I had no idea how to answer it. It was never even on my mind. 

How am I to answer that? Did I even have a choice in the matter? I had a teenage daughter to raise and a house to lead. My son was living on his own, but still quite young. I had responsibilities and as far as I knew, there was no other way out. One had to endure for the sake of everyone else who was depending on me.

Maybe I would have behaved differently if I was older, alone or free from the obligations of others. Many people out there make these types of decisions based on what their needs are at that particular moment. We can never judge their decision to quit or not. We have no idea what people are struggling with or facing when it comes to the quality of life. Ask anyone how far they would limit their quality of life and you will quickly see not far at all. We all want to be able to take care of ourselves, by ourselves. 

So have I ever wanted to give up? No, but I cannot claim to answer in the same way in a year or two or even ten. I have no idea what I will be experiencing or struggling at that time. I also cannot answer for others nor judge them for it. We all do what is best for us at that particular time. That's all we can do.

Have a blessed day everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...