Sunday, April 26, 2020

Being Comfortable With Uncertainty

                          Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.

Four things come not back—
the spoken word, the sped arrow, 
the past life, the neglected opportunity.
—William Hazlitt.

Being comfortable with uncertainty. I stared at that sentence for a long time. I thought about that sentence everywhere I went. How does one become comfortable with uncertainty? How does one go about changing one's whole personality in one big gulp? It involved faith and trust, I knew that much.

Isn't that how we feel about Christ? We never met Him or spoke to Him, but yet we believe in Him. Why can't we take that same method, that same belief system and become comfortable with uncertainty? Well, than we first have to define what that uncertainty looks like. Maybe your uncertainty looks different than mine. We can't judge each others ability levels to do anything if we all have a different view of uncertainty.

So what is your uncertainty?

For some it could mean being alone in life. To others it could mean never being a parent. Or someone like me, it could mean their health. I've been working on that for the last couple of months. I've looked to my past and what helped me get through the muddled times. I became still and I let go so I could be led to where I needed to be. 

I've immersed myself in my journaling. It all began so innocently, just a daily log of my activities. Then one night while I binge watched all these channels, one after another, people poured out their hardships. I wrote prayer after prayer in that journal for each of them. Then a co-worker asked me to pray for them and then another. Suddenly, my daily log turned into a prayer journal. 

Here we are, several months later and I've realized how much calmer I am with that uncertainty I was facing. I was so busy praying for others that I never gave my own fears a moment of my own time. I focused on something other than what I was going through and I'm on my way to overcoming it!

I worry about it less and less. My plan is to keep moving doing what I need to do. No looking back to things that I cannot control. Life keeps moving no difference if I'm here living it or not. Might as well join it.

Have a blessed day everyone.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...