Saturday, May 2, 2020

The City Fox

                                         Everyday is a brand new day,
                                           everyday is a journey.





I praise Thee while my days go on;
  I love Thee while my days go on:
  Through dark and dearth, through fire and frost,
  With emptied arms and treasure lost,
  I thank Thee while my days go on.
E. B. BROWNING


While dropping off a co-worker, we came across a fox lurking around her condo. It may sound like nothing to majority of you to have seen a fox, but when ones lives in a city, it's pure joy. Such a beautiful creature living in such a concrete place. Has the poor thing felt out of place here? Or has he adjusted as if this was the only thing he ever knew. I doubt if he had a choice in the matter.

Many of us are just like that fox, living where we are at, because this is all we know. I truly believe we do what we know, usually mimicking our parent's routines. I know when I began this journey I never ever expected to be doing what I do now. Who even knew that I was capable of any of this? Apparently God did know and He pulled all of it out of me.

I have many friends who are bold individuals or at least in my eyes. They have uprooted their families and moved away far away from anyone they know so they could start over again. A new place. A new beginning. A new way of life. Were they scared, I wonder? Did they ever feel overwhelmed by the weight of their decision? Every single one of these individuals claim they would do it again.

My own parents did the same. They took all of us and went across the Atlantic ocean to a Country where they didn't even speak the language. Bold individuals. Were they scared? Did they feel overwhelmed?

I'm sure they were, but the boldness inside of them was stronger, stronger than the fear.


Have a blessed day everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...