Thursday, April 23, 2020

Are You Not Afraid?

                                         Everyday is a brand new day,
                                         everyday is a journey.






I cannot say,
Beneath the pressure of life's cares to-day,
I joy in these;
But I can say
That I had rather walk this rugged way,
If Him it please.
S. G. BROWNING

Having a recurrent carcinoma has in a way prepared me for any pandemic that may hit us. It has come as a surprise to many of my friends or co-workers just how calm I have been during this virus crisis. I am often asked if I am afraid to be an essential worker or even going out in public, because of my cancer. The truth is, I am not afraid. I guess I have no fear, mostly due to what I have already experienced. Each time my cancer returned, there was something new for me to learn. I've long accepted the fact that I could die from cancer.

When I was a young woman, I feared death immensely. I feared what I would "feel' laying in the ground amidst the worms. I was worried that they would begin the embalming process and I wasn't really dead. Silly, isn't it? How could I feel anything if I was dead to begin with? Yet, these were some of the things that ran through my mind.

As a born again Christian, I feel so much calmer about death and illness. If I were to get sick, then I guess I would start the  process of treatment all over again, whether it is with the virus or the cancer. My time here is limited no matter if I have cancer or not, I will eventually die from something. Besides, I don't feel as if this is "the end" of my existence overall. Maybe here on Earth, but my journey continues on with My Savior.

I think we are ready to rejoin the community, at least the work force. We all should at this point know what we need to do to stay safe while in the public atmosphere. We all know the do's and don'ts of this virus. So am I afraid? No, but I am very much aware of what has to be done on my end. As long as everyone does their part, we will be just fine.


Have a blessed day everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...