Friday, November 8, 2019

Winter Came On Halloween

                                                 Everyday is a brand new day,
                                                  everyday is a journey.



In love, if love be love, if love be ours,
Faith and unfaith can ne'er be equal powers:
Unfaith in aught is want of faith in all.
It is the little rift within the lute
That by and by will make the music mute,
And ever widening slowly silence all.
The little rift within the lover's lute,
Or little pitted speck in garner'd fruit,
That rotting inward slowly molders all.
It is not worth the keeping: let it g
But shall it? Answer, darling, answer no.
And trust me not at all or all in all.
—Alfred Tennyson.


Well, who would have thought it possible to be going trick or treating in the snow? That is something we definitely didn't expect to experience. I, myself, thought it would be a few flurries mixed in with rain a.k.a. sleet. Never did I think this (October 31, 2019) would turn out to be the first tracking snow of the Season.

Every year, Emily and I diligently keep track of the first tracking snow. There is an old wives tale about
the first snow fall that you get and whatever date it may come on, is how many more snow falls you are going to get the rest of Winter. Last year it came on November 25 and everyone laughed at me when I told them. December came and it was warm, too warm. I thought to myself this old wives tale is silly. Then came January, February and even March it snowed. I definitely believe in this old wives tale.

So here we are with Winter fast approaching upon us. Are we ready? Hmmm, maybe 80 % ready? I still haven't done my windows or put up my curtains. These past two weeks have been extremely busy with all the extra overtime. I have been basically working nonstop 10 hour days. Only a few more days are left of this fast paced work cycle.

Weather seems to be the one thing that no one can truly predict. Many times I have checked the forecast for the week and it would show nothing in particular happening. Then the days would come and my poor joints would be aching making sitting unbearable. Oh boy, I bet it's raining or sleet or cold temps outside. There was nothing in the forecast about it and yet, my aching joints proved otherwise.

People scoff at old wives tales or all our complaining body parts, but somehow they seem to come true. Or at least, better than the weatherman.

Have a blessed day everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...