Sunday, November 17, 2019

It's Hard To Do Nothing

                                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.



Let me go where'er I will,
I hear a sky-born music still:
It sounds from all things old,
It sounds from all things young,
From all that's fair, from all that's foul,
Peals out a cheerful song.
It is not only in the rose,
It is not only in the bird,
Not only where the rainbow glows,
Nor in the song of woman heard,
But in the darkest, meanest things
There alway, alway something sings.
'Tis not in the high stars alone,
Nor in the cup of budding flowers,
Nor in the redbreast's mellow tone,
Nor in the bow that smiles in showers,
But in the mud and scum of things
There alway, alway something sings.
—Ralph Waldo Emerson.



My plans for the week were actually to do nothing. Have you ever tried to do nothing? It's pretty hard. No matter how much you try to be idle, something always seems to fall into your lap.

I'm actually kidding. Since I really cannot do anything in my room until further notice, my plans were to be spent crocheting. That's it. Then my car ran out of gas. I figured since I was on the road already, I should pick up a few items from the store. Since I was on the road, you know. Then I thought, I might as well go to the bank for some quarters. That's how it began, very innocently. Next thing I know, my whole morning was gone!

I think it's very hard to do nothing, because one doesn't know how to be idle. If you have spent majority of your life juggling all your extracurricular activities, it's very difficult to sit down and stare out the window. Not that anything is wrong with that, I love a nice scene. My parents both get up at crack of dawn every single day even though they have been retired for years. It is in them and they can't do otherwise. 

I remember years ago watching a program on television that conducted a small experiment. There were two people in separate rooms both watching a show. They were trying to see which one of the adults was burning more calories. You're probably like what! Yes, both were sitting on the couch, but one of them actually burned calories while sitting there. They kept fidgeting constantly, hence burning more calories. 

That's how I feel about doing nothing, a constant fidgeting! Some people make doing nothing an art form and others don't even know how to begin. That's the beauty of living life in a diverse world. Each of us has been made completely different from the other, but yet we have one thing in common. We all were made by our Heavenly Father. 

Have a blessed day everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...