Friday, November 22, 2019

So Where Am I At With My Health

                                                                 Everyday is a brand new day,
                                                                everyday is a journey.

A soul occupied with great ideas 
 best performs small duties;
 the divinest views of life penetrate
 most clearly into the meanest emergencies;
 so far from petty principles being best 
proportioned to petty trials,
 a heavenly spirit taking up its abode with 
us can alone sustain well the daily toils, 
and tranquilly pass the humiliations of our condition. 
J. MARTINEAU.

When it comes to my health, my cancer journey, things are basically at a stand still. As far as I know, I am still in remission. All year long, I have been denied any cancer screenings such as a Petscan or a Ct. Scan by my insurance company. Granted that it is a new insurance provider from my workplace. I still expected to have my cancer screenings at least once a year, because I have a recurrent carcinoma.

In fact, my entire cancer team has changed. My Oncologist has moved away to Indiana to a private practice. Two of my chemo nurses have retired for good. The scheduler/receptionist has moved into a new position. My attending nurse has quit. Even the Lab personnel are different. They also have placed me in a new category from an active patient to a survivor. Something new for me to think about for sure. I am a survivor. Everything is new and different. I know nothing about the people attending to me now. It felt odd and out of place at my last oncologist visit.

I've had to come to a peaceful place and accept the fact that my health basically rests in the hands of God Himself. No longer do I show up on a regular basis for screenings. I don't even know when my next appointment will be. This is totally new to me. They took labs from me for a CA125 and a thyroid check. Still, no one has called me back with the results. I am a bit disappointed since my last cancer team spoiled me rotten with great treatment.

You know that change can be a good thing. Maybe, there is something new for me in my life. We never know what is truly behind every corner or every door until we come face to face with it. I still plan on doing all that I can to stay healthy. Diligence is key and so is nutrition. Honestly, I'm not too worried about the future. If I get to live awhile longer, that's great. If I should die a lot sooner, then I will be in Heaven. Either way, it's a win win.


Have a blessed day everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...