Friday, November 29, 2019

Black Friday? Not For Me!

                                                  Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.


I rest beneath the Almighty's shade,
    My griefs expire, my troubles cease;
  Thou, Lord, on whom my soul is stayed,
    Wilt keep me still in perfect peace.
C. WESLEY

It's been a long time since I participated in Black Friday deals or shopping of any kind. That's not to say, I wouldn't, just not this year. I don't care for all the madness out there on the roads and in the stores. This is not my idea of shopping. I want to take my time, examine all the items at my leisure without the shoving and pushing of everyone else. 

I'd make one exception and that would be Yarn. If I knew that there was clearance yarn somewhere near my home, especially if it was cake yarn, I just might head out. Might, but no, I will be strong and stay on course to my goal. Our goal for the future. 

Honestly, it goes much deeper than the sales. I find that the older I get, the less I want to go anywhere let alone shopping. The outside world is way too complicated, hectic and at times, quite mean. I want to envelope myself with my crocheting, my books and my shows. I am perfectly happy in my sanctuary, my home. 

Please don't get me wrong. I am all in for sales and saving money. If any of you are among the crowds looking for a great deal, more power to you. I'm thrilled you are taking advantage of the savings, it's just not for me. 

Seclusion is more my game and I yearn for it. I keep remembering a comment that Joyce Meyers made at one of her retreats. She stated that she spends all morning and afternoon being everything to everyone. She loves it, but the evenings are all hers. That's how I feel about my sanctuary here or anywhere I may end up. I value my peace and serenity of my livelihood than any sale out there in the world.

Have fun shopping everyone and may you have a blessed day. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...