Monday, November 18, 2019

You Know You're Getting Old

                                                    Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.




Every one must recognize the
 splendid work which has been
 done by women in social and
 educational fields.
 And it will, I believe, 
come more and more to be recognized
 that in some respects women are
 specially fitted for government and
 for official-municipal life.
—Sir Oliver Lodge.



 You know you're getting old when you get excited at the prospect of sleeping in an extra hour.

You know you're getting old when the perfect night involves watching Netflix in your pajamas.

You know you're getting old when you're constantly begging for a foot rub.

You know you're getting old when you need to sit down all the time.

You know you're getting old when you don't care who sees you in your moomoo and messy hair.

You know you're getting old when you don't want to clean, cook or do laundry for anybody.

You know you're getting old when you trade in your stilettos for flip flops.

All of these things have been quite frequently done by me. I am enjoying growing older which may surprise many of you. I mean, who wants to get old, right? Well, no one, but there are certain privileges as we age. Just refer to the list above. 

Someone once said to me that we become a certain age where we don't care what anyone thinks of us. We become very comfortable with who we are underneath our skin. Absolutely true! After all these years of struggling to find myself and my role in life, I do like me. I have accepted myself inside out and it doesn't matter if others have not.

What is your favorite thing about getting older?

Have a blessed day everyone. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...