Wednesday, November 20, 2019

Reflections On Clutter

                                                           Everyday is a brand new day,
                                                           everyday is a journey.


Though hearts brood o'er the past, 
our eyes
With smiling features glisten;
For lo! our day bursts up the skies,
Lean out your souls and listen!
The world is following freedom's way,
And ripening with her sorrow;
Take heart! 
Who bears the cross to-day
Shall wear the crown to-morrow.

I knew that one of my biggest struggles in living tiny would be clutter. I just have way too many interests and they all reside in one room. I have written of this many times and I have struggled folks, really struggled with clutter!

I've always said that when the time came for me to move into my tiny dwelling, I would only bring what I could fit into my car. My must haves consist of yarn and books. Everything else is debatable. Absolutely no furniture will be coming with me. Well, maybe only my favorite chair. I'll fit it in somewhere.

I'm pretty good about clutter, except in one room . . . my bedroom. That's because I've never actually had a bedroom. It has always been a multi-functioning room serving also as an office and a craft room. At times, my room resembles a disaster area with boxes in every available space. I would love a separate room, a real craft room.

I think I would like a real bedroom or at least a space meant only for sleeping. I also want a large bookshelf, preferably one from ceiling to floor. I've always wanted one like that. I may want to live tiny, but I don't want to live cluttered. That's where minimalism comes in. I can keep the clutter out in the rest of the house, but not in my own room. I also need a pantry for my food. Or at least some shelves where I can store extra food storage.

I don't think of clutter as having tons of stuff, I think of clutter as messiness. A litter of things all over the kitchen table or cocktail table. If I can't see the shelf or the counter top, it's clutter.

 Right now, I am trying to overcome the clutter by organizing things into boxes or containers. That helps tremendously with keeping the clutter down. No matter how many times I go through things, it stays neat and clean for awhile. Not much time goes by without the accumulation process happening once again. What do you do to keep down the clutter?

Have a blessed day everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...