Wednesday, November 27, 2019

What Does Thanksgiving Mean To You?

                                                              Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey



Criticism is helpful. If a man makes a mistake,
 criticism enables him to correct it; 
if he is unjustly criticized, the criticism helps him. 
I have had my share of criticism since
 I have been in public life, 
but it has not prevented me from doing what
 I thought proper to do.
—William Jennings Bryan

Thanksgiving traditions have undergone quite a change in recent years. A normal discussion during this time at my work involves sharing of the meal plan. It has become obvious that people don't really celebrate Thanksgiving in the traditional way anymore. The turkey has been replaced by spare ribs, ham, fish and even the rotisserie chicken. People no longer stick to the menu plan when it comes to the Holidays.

The meal is not the only aspect affected by this new fad of anything goes for the Holidays. Some people choose to eat out in restaurants. They also dress down, usually in their sweats or comfy clothes. Why not? We are at home, we might as well get comfortable. We do that in my home. Nothing wrong with that. It isn't about the clothes anyway, it goes way deeper.

So I began to think to myself, what does Thanksgiving mean to me? Of course, we think about the Pilgrims and the Mayflower. To me, I look back on my year at the successes as well as the failures. I become reflective on all that I have learned either the easy way or the hard way. I become grateful for where I have come out at the end of the year.

It could have been a lot worse, folks. We could have lost someone by either separation, death or illness. We could be out on the street and not a soul to help us. There is nothing worse than the feeling of emptiness and loneliness. Do you have any idea of how many people out there feel exactly like that? Especially on the Holidays?

So Thanksgiving is a moment to look back, reflect and be grateful for where I am at in my life. I want to sit down and break bread with the people I love the most. I want to laugh, I want to share and I want to feel the fullness of my heart. No one wants to be alone. No one wants to go through life alone. No one. So what does Thanksgiving mean to you?

Have a blessed day everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...