Tuesday, March 26, 2019

Cancer And The Clorox Wipe

                                                      Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.



One family, we dwell in Him;
One church above, beneath;
Though now divided by the stream,--
The narrow stream of death.
One army of the living God,
To His command we bow:
Part of His host has crossed the flood,
And part is crossing now.
C. WESLEY.

Whenever I go back into treatment, there is a morning ritual that I perform. I do it automatically without thinking. I remember all of my treatments. They have been embedded in my memory forever. Four bouts with cancer has a lasting effect on a person.

Every morning like clockwork, I would get up and pick up my clorox wipes. I would start at one end of the apartment and work my way to the other. Every doorknob and handle would get a thorough cleaning. There is always plenty of germs on those. The counter tops, too. 

The bathroom gets special treatment. In there, we leave a whole separate container of clorox wipes. That room deserves the most thorough of cleanliness, especially the toilet. A thorough wipe down before use and after use. Don't forget the lid should always be down when in treatment. 

The clorox wipes play a huge role in my recovery. Everything has to be sanitary so no germs can do me harm. To this day, I wipe everything down at work before getting down to business. Cleanliness is key to keeping infections away. 

Have a blessed day everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...