Saturday, March 2, 2019

To All The Readers



                                                   Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey


From the world of sin and noise
And hurry I withdraw;
For the small and inward voice
I wait with humble awe;
Silent am I now and still,
Dare not in Thy presence move;
To my waiting soul reveal
The secret of Thy love.
C. WESLEY.

The written word holds so much power. It can take us away from our everyday life into a world of mystery, fantasy, drama and love. Books are knowledge no matter what type they may be. W e can learn of cultures and cities as if we are actually living inside of it. Can you tell how much I love books? I hope you will, too. 

1. 31 Days Of Praise
By: Ruth & Warren Myers
You can always tell if I truly, truly enjoyed a book by all the highlighting, underlining and commentating I make inside of it. This book is literally full of such things. We are always wanting to find a moment to spend with God on a daily basis, but we don't always know what to read or even look. This book is great as a devotional for just that. It is chuck full of stories, inspirational quotes and verses for almost all occasions out there. 

2. Mary Poppins In The Park
By: P.L. Travers
Who doesn't know Mary Poppins? I have ready times this lovely story of a very special Nanny to two very spoiled children. This book comes from a series on Mary Poppins from the Dell/Yearling Publishers. If you have enjoyed the movies, you will definitely enjoy reading more adventures with Mary Poppins and her magical world. There are some books that are for all ages and this one certainly qualifies.

3. More Devotions For Dieters
By: Dan R. Dick
A lot of my books I received as gifts. That's good, because if I bought a book solely based on a title, I'd probably wouldn't have bought this one. No offense to the author at all. I have this thing about diets, especially since I have spent a majority of the last ten years being on one. I was pleasantly surprised that this book contained various stories on individuals who conquered moments of weakness in regards to their diets. I also loved the way the author used everyday Bible verses as inspirational encouragement to dieters.

4. Hearts Of Fire
By: The Voice Of The Martyrs
This book is a real heart wrenching account of eight women in the underground Church and their costly faith stories. Their stories will literally make you gasp in disbelief of the ordeals they were facing all because they claimed Jesus as their Savior. Get that box of tissues and be prepared for righteous indignation.

5. The Heart Of Jesus
By: David Jeremiah
This is a devotional journal with a very beautiful hard cover embossed with tree leaves. Very lovely to give someone as a gift or keep for one self. Inside, it serves almost as a mini Bible study with a verse that is explained and on the opposite page some questions with room for answering. It is all based on Jesus early life leading up to His resurrection.

I hope you will try these out and enjoy. Have a blessed day everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...