Tuesday, August 21, 2018

When All Else Fails

  
                                                                  Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.




The trivial round, the common task,
  Would furnish all we ought to ask;
  Room to deny ourselves; a road
  To bring us, daily, nearer God.
J. KEBLE.

I'm such a big talker. On my Chronic Illness Group, I try different home remedies to ease my discomfort. They do work, when the pain is tolerable. When the pain becomes too much to handle, I could spend remedy after remedy, rub everything I could find in a drug store to no avail. Nothing.

When all else fails, I'm on my knees praying for God's mercy on me. I'm waiting out the weather spell. I'm waiting out the pain to become tolerable once again. I'm still and I wait upon the Lord. 

Whenever we feel like we can handle things just fine, we become bold in our complacency to prayer, to Church, to our devotions. You name it. Just wait, once we fall and crumble, we certainly see just how incapable we truly are in running our own lives. We need Him. We need Him. 

When the situation in our life doesn't happen according to our will, we push and push for things to move faster. We manipulate and threaten in our own way to make it happen. We call, we send e-mails trying to maneuver things in our direction. When they don't, we fall into a sulking depression of why not, Lord?

When all else fails, when none of the above works, we fall into a quiet reverence of who God truly is and who we are compared to Him. We find out who truly is in charge of this life, our life. We have no control whatsoever. We finally surrender to Him. 

Have a blessed day everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...