Sunday, August 5, 2018

The Weekend Is Over

                                                                                  Everyday is a brand new day,
                                                                                   everyday is a journey.




Certainly, let the board be spread 
and let the bed be dressed for the traveler;
 but let not the emphasis of hospitality 
lie in these things. 
Honor to the house where they are simple
 to the verge of hardship, 
so that there the intellect is awake 
and reads the law of the universe, 
the soul worships truth and love, honor
and courtesy flow into all deeds. 
--Ralph Waldo Emerson.


It is incredible to me how fast the weekend goes! One minute, you are looking at the long weekend ahead, planning all the details carefully so every minute can be enjoyed and not wasted. The next, one is wondering where it went?

This weekend has turned into a very emotional one. I watched two very interesting, educational, but very disturbing documentaries. One dealt with Concentration Camps and the other Pedophiles. Both that can be emotional trigger points for me. There was and still is so much evil in the world. I'm not sure my poor heart can handle a third one this weekend.

I did find out that I should be taking vitamin D and quite honestly I feel pretty stupid that I didn't even think of it. I mean, I take all sorts of vitamins, but not this one. I have arthritis, joint and possibly bone problems, but I don't take the vitamin designed specifically for it? Crazy and stupid. 

Our vacuum cleaner died this weekend. For some reason, this family cannot keep vacuum cleaners. We go through them like some people go through coffee. My brother Henry used to joke that we should be testers of vacuum cleaners since we go through so many. I believe he is right. Well, another one bit the dust. Although, we did have this one for like three years. That's pretty good for people like us. Vacuum killers.

This month the Crocheting Ministry is celebrating Five years! I'm truly amazed that we are still here. I never expected for us to continue this long. We have had many crafters come and go, the same with volunteers. Thank you to everyone involved in making this Ministry a success.

Have a blessed day everyone. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...