Tuesday, August 7, 2018

Uncertain Times

                                                                        Everyday is a brand new day,
                                                                        everyday is a journey.

Whate'er events betide,
    Thy will they all perform;
  Safe in Thy breast my head I hide,
    Nor fear the coming storm.
H. F. LYTE.

The week began with extremely humid temperatures that finally exploded in a thunderstorm. It rained alright, all day long. As I watched the lightening and darkening clouds, all energy left my body, fatigue slowly seeping in. I had two heaping cups of coffee and still I felt exhausted. I could see that nothing would get done today.

I've been feeling tired and not just physically, but also mentally. A lot has been going on all around me, some things affecting me directly and others just by association. Times are changing, one could feel it in the air, hopefully all good. 

There is so much uncertainty. Uncertainty at work, at home, in personal relationships, within the Church and definitely in the World. We become troubled and overwhelmed by everything. Where does one begin? There's only one thing to do and that's to be still. 

Maybe that's why I'm so tired? So drained? I look at other people going by living their own lives. Everything seems so calm and orderly. Their lives look so perfect and yet, I know it's not true. I think all of us have mastered the art of looking good amidst the trials. We have these small little troubles that we face every single day. They may not be the huge trials of our life, but they are there testing our Faith. Testing us. 

We keep going. We keep holding on to our Faith. Our hope. We are still, allowing God to do His work in us. Ugh, sometimes it takes so l-o-n-g! We become stronger each day. We persevere. We keep believing that one day we will arrive at the spot that we have been working towards. We believe. We hope. We know. 

Have a blessed day everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...