Thursday, September 7, 2017

When Life Gives You Lemons



                                                                  Everyday is a brand new day,
                                                                  everyday is a journey.


 I ask not, "Take away this weight of care;"
  No, for that love I pray that all can bear,
    And for the faith that whatsoe'er befall
  Must needs be good, and for my profit prove,
  Since from my Father's heart most rich in love,
    And from His bounteous hands it cometh all.
C. J. P. SPITTA.



What do we consider a lemon? To me, a lemon is something that is constantly breaking down. In other words, a mess. Do you ever feel your own life is a lemon? I haven't felt like that in years, yet I see people around me living a lemon kind of life. 

Why don't they change it? I know they don't like living that way, so why not make a move? Is it fear?  A lack of motivation? A feeling of inadequacy? A loss of hope? A feeling of loneliness? 

If I look back onto my own trials and tribulations, it's all of the above. Majority of our lives are steered by fear, fear of the unknown and fear of losing. When we are alone, fear does not come into it. We end up risking it all, because it will involve only us. That's not the case when we have a family. 

Whenever I think of a lemon, my first thought is of my old cars. I have never had a brand new vehicle right off the lot, but I've had quite a few broken down junkers. My recent vehicle is seven years old and yet I feel like I have a brand new car. I'm constantly reveling in all the new technology. The car informs me when my tires are low or a door isn't completely closed. I marvel at all I have been missing. 

I used to carry a box of supplies just in case I break down. In that box I had a serpentine belt, motor oil, fix-a-flat, brake fluid and all sorts of necessary car care items. Recently, I looked at that same box that I have been toting around for years. Ever since this newer vehicle, I've never had to use that emergency stash. I no longer was driving a lemon. 

The same can be said of my life. I've been through numerous changes, some unwanted and sudden, some that I fought all the way, but I overcame them. I graduated to that next level, because I took a bold step of Faith, even though I was scared half to death the entire time. When life gives you lemons, you try to get whatever you can out of that lemon. You try to make that lemon do as much as it can for you. You keep doing whatever one has to in order to keep moving forward. Sooner or later, when we keep moving forward, we find that we have left the lemons behind in the dust. 

It is no picnic being in a trial. Believe me, I have no intention of making light of it. It hurts. It seriously stings everyone and everything in our life. It can permanently scar us, but it can never take our hope away from us. The hope that keeps us moving, believing in the future. Believing in who we are and what we can become. 

Have a Blessed day everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...