Wednesday, September 27, 2017

3 Things

                                         Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.


I am the man of a thousand loves,
A thousand loves have I;
And all my loves are white-winged doves,
That into my soul would fly.

I think it's funny how people think that only the old can teach the young. I believe that the young can teach us old folks a few tricks, too. Recently, a friend of mine showed me the following 3 things that we can pass on to our children. 

Our Hands.
What are your gifts of the hands? The gifts we can teach others with our hands.

Our Head.
What are your gifts of the head? What special knowledge can you share with others?

Our Heart.
What is your gift of the heart? How can you inspire someone else?


                                                     Great words of wisdom. 

I thought about what we could leave for our children's children. When we pass away, eventually we will be forgotten. It is only normal, but something has to stay. Is it a mannerism that transfers from generation to generation? We already know that our physicality lives on through the ages. So do our cycles of addiction and trials. That's why it's important to deal with our struggles and resolve them. We don't want them to keep continuing into the next generations with the same problems. 

For me, I hope our faith in Jesus Christ continues long after I'm gone. I cannot think of anything better to leave behind then for all of them knowing Jesus. The mannerisms, the characteristics, the physicality will continue on no matter our desire for it. The faith? Well, that's different. That has to be taught.

I don't think that people realize the importance of having a spiritual life with God. They think they can go on through life handling things on their own. It usually takes a life threatening or life changing moment for them to see they have been secretly searching for spiritual enlightenment. Same thing happened to me. 

Of all the things to pass on, let it be the Word of God. Have a Blessed day everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...