Monday, September 4, 2017

The Atrium

                                                           Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.



The heart that trusts forever sings,
  And feels as light as it had wings,
  A well of peace within it springs,--
    Come good or ill,
  Whatever to-day, to-morrow brings,
    It is His will.
I. WILLIAMS.

Lately, we have been sitting in the Atrium when we go to Church rather than the Sanctuary. One Sunday, we wanted to get a drink and perhaps a bagel or a muffin, so we sat down in the atrium. There is a huge difference between the two in our Church. For one thing, I was surprised to see it full. I never knew so many people sat there for the Service. I loved sitting at a table, with my Bible opened, taking notes. Another thing I noticed, people were fully engaged by clapping, singing and participating more than in the Sanctuary. It could be the size of it. The Sanctuary is huge and the Atrium, nice and cozy. When the greeting of one another came, people got up and greeted almost everyone in the room.

We have come to truly enjoy the Atrium and sit there every Sunday. Once, a group of deaf men and women came to sit near our table. Their leader hand signed the entire Sermon. They sat spellbound to her every movement. And so did we. Her hand movements were beautiful and swift. Who could have imagined that people would be able to communicate in this manner? Awesome, truly awesome.

Another time, I was singing as I always do. Just then a young boy walked by and as I hit a high pitch, that poor boy literally stopped and slowly looked at me with the most quizzical look on his face. It was priceless! Emily and I could barely contain ourselves with silent laughter. 

So we sit in the Atrium, feeling more like a Church family since we have began coming here. It is the same group every single time and finally we can make some friendships. What is your Church like? Do you feel the warmth of a family? I never thought I would miss that atmosphere, but I do. I'm so glad we're sensing it once again.

Have a Blessed day everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...